- Division Offices
- Animal Resources
- Cowboy Technologies
- High Performance Computing Center (HPCC)
- Microscopy Laboratory
- Office of Technology Commercialization
- Oklahoma EPSCoR
- OSU Research Foundation
- Proposal Development
- Research Communications
- Research Compliance
- Research Services
- Affiliated Offices
- Research Portfolio
- Tier 1Research Initiatives
- Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research
- Niblack Research Scholars
- Regents Distinguished Research Award (RDRA)
- Renovation of Critical Research Facilities
- Research On Tap
- Research Week
- Science Café
- Strategic Committee on Research Excellence (SCORE)
- VPR Panel Series
- Intramural Funding Programs
- Swinging for the Fences
- Policies & Forms
Otto S. Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research
The Otto S. Cox Graduate Fellowships for Genetics Research are available to support outstanding OSU graduate students with a proven record of research in genetics from any disciplinary or interdisciplinary program.
There is a limited number of competitive $1,000 fellowships, and applicants must meet the following requirements:
- must have been enrolled at OSU full-time in fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters; and
- must be continuing as a degree-seeking graduate student in the fall 2021 semester.
Applicants may be self-nominated, and there is no limit by graduate program. The following materials are to be included:
- cover page (name, CWID, program of study, and faculty research advisor’s name);
- 300 word statement by the graduate student highlighting his/her contributions to genetics research and how the award will support the research (double spaced, 1 in. margins, 12 pt. font);
- 100 word genetics research impact statement written for the public;
- resume or CV;
- most recent OSU transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- letter of recommendation from primary research advisor (limit one page); and
- endorsement, via signature only, by the department/unit head or graduate program director (this can be included on the cover page).
Complete application packet, including all required materials, must be submitted by 5:00 pm, June 30, 2021, to the Vice President for Research Office, ATTN: Cox Fellowship, 203 Whitehurst, Stillwater, OK 74078. Applicants may also email the application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications and late materials will not be considered.
- Questions should be directed to Jason Pogue (email@example.com ; 405-744-6501).
- Previous Cox Fellowship Awardees are ineligible.
- It is anticipated that there will be funding available for multiple fellowships, but awards will be determined by merit.
- Awards will be posted to the students bursar account during the start of the Fall 2021 semester. (Students should familiarize themselves with the OSU Bursar policy regarding refunds. Information can be found at https://bursar.okstate.edu/refunds).
- Fellowships are expected to be announced no later than July 31, 2021.
- The Cox Fellowship for Research in Genetics is not a grant. The awards are made to the student, and not the University. The fellowships are a component of a student’s total financial aid package.